Monday, 1 March 2010

St. David's Day

_DSC0874


Today is St. David's Day and it's a day that I truly celebrate. I love daffodils, and leeks, and most especially my darling husband named David! In France people make a fuss of someone on their name/saint's day just like a birthday. So that is reason enough to celebrate. But I also rejoice at the herald of Spring and once March arrives, I feel that the worst of the dreary, lingering winter is past. All of a sudden, the snowdrops raise their heads along with crocuses and daffodils. And today, even the sun made an appearance!


_DSC0895


With a bright start and breakfast (actually, I don't eat eggs but I still love the way they look and their symbolism) I set off for a walk in the fresh air. It's muddy! This is the Buckinghamshire countryside not far from my home. This apple orchard below is being restored and the trees getting pruned - within a few weeks they will be covered in blossom.


_DSC0849
Hughenden


_DSC0863

The snowdrops have just appeared in my garden.


_DSC0924


Happy St. David's Day!


3 comments:

  1. Lovely! Hopefully this is the start of Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lush looking egg. I look forward to yoru Easter post. Hopefully there will be a fun easter recipe to follow. Thanks for the lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fantastic images. Just the way I like my eggs. I love those snowdrops too.

    ReplyDelete